Why Study in Singapore
Singapore is emerging as a popular destination to study among the international students. In today’s relentlessly innovating global economy, knowledge is not pursued in isolation. It is advanced by the global community of scholars and knowledge workers operating at the forefront of ideas. Singapore emphasizes on all these aspects and provide very productive and competitive education especially in the field of information technology and and managements with good value for money by offering internationally recognized degrees at affordable costs.
STUDENT VISA PROCESS
Process to obtain Singaporean Student Visa for international students
To acquire an extension, the immigration authorities in Singapore should be contacted. The price of the extension is subject to the immigration officer’s discretion.
Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond date of departure required by all.
Application to: Consulate (or Consular section at High Commission or Embassy).
- Valid passport.
- Valid travel documents including an onward or return ticket.
- Sufficient funds.
- Two passport-size photos.
- Form or letter from college/university in Singapore.
- Three completed application forms.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate if passing through or coming from an endemic zone within 6 days of arriving in Singapore.
- Local sponsor’s ID card, with photocopy, except for those in Institutes of Higher Learning.
- Birth certificate.
- Certified copies of highest educational certificates and results.
Cost of a visa
Visa, Social Visit Pass (short-or long-term; S$20), Professional Visit Pass, Student Pass and Transit. Application packs with instructions and prevailing visa costs at the time of application are obtainable from the High Commission.